Patton

Patton

Friday, February 12, 2016

Good and Bad

Everyone always has that day where it's just "that kind of day." A bad day. A day that you feel down. A day where you feel like you're not worth anything. A day where you feel like you aren't doing a very good job, whether it be at work, being a mom, being a wife, daughter, sister, friend, etc. I've been having a lot of these days lately. I feel like I'm failing at everything. There are those moments though where I feel like a success, that I'm doing something right, that I'm where I need to be. That moment when Rylan finally steps while I'm holding his hands instead of me dragging him, when Keegan goes pee in the toilet, and today I have to smile so much bigger and beam brighter because Kaleb said his first prayer all by himself without any help at all. My kids are my everything! I wouldn't give them up for anything or anyone! I'm proud to be a mom! I love being home with them. Yes they stress me out a lot with fighting, whining, doing naughty things, but there are so many more things that make up for that. I'm so happy that I don't have to miss out on any moments of growth my kids make.

There's this scripture that my husband and I have been ponderizing this week and it has helped me. 

Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. Alma 26:12

I know that I can do anything with God's help. I have good days and I have bad days, but I know without a doubt that Heavenly Father will never leave me. He will always be there for me. ..."for in his strength I can do all things..."

 I saw this article on facebook and it's something I really needed to read. It's something every mom should read. It's called When Mothering is Hard and No One Sees.  https://faithandcomposition.wordpress.com/2014/02/07/when-mothering-is-hard-and-no-one-sees/

I am so blessed to have an incredible family! I am eternally grateful to my Heavenly Father that He trusts me enough to raise my 3 boys! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment